UKRCRC Forum Index UKRCRC
UK's Original RC Rock Crawling Website!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

df01

View previous topic :: View next topic  
porky
Newbie Crawler

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:11 pm    Post subject: df01 Reply with quote

hi i'm making a scale project out of my df01 (hummer )chassis can any one tell me what other shells i could use the wheel base is 280mm long /200mm wide i seem to be limited on what i can use looked at kamtec site theres a couple of possibilities on there, loking for a landy,toyota fj40 type if poss anyone got any ideas cheers porky
Webbage
World Wide Vegetable

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you mean this one:

http://www.tamiyausa.com/product/item.php?product-id=58154

Then it's a TA01 not a DF01, I've become something of a pub expert on TA01s in the last couple of weeks as I'm building one for a project myself.

I do know for a fact Kamtec's Bowler Wildcat shell fits that chassis perfectly for wheelbase and I think track width also, as that's what I'm doing with mine!

As for anything else I'm afraid I don't know. Anything you do will have to be fairly modern as the suspension is not beam axle, it's wishbone.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
porky
Newbie Crawler

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:44 am    Post subject: df01/ta01 Reply with quote

yes it is that one but i bought it as a porsche cayenne and it comes as df01 chassis new version of ta01 ,gear boxes black not red ,the reason i didn't lok at the bowler shell is because it says it's a 257mm wheel base and as you know this is a 280 mm that's why i got confused and thought it wouldn't fit ,so are you telling me it would fit then Smile
elad
UKRCRC Regular

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you may be able to fit a defender shell i think they are 275mm.
Webbage
World Wide Vegetable

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i've offered the Kamtec Bowler shell up to my TA01 (before I stripped it) and I agree it's a bout 5mm too short w/b but if you get the body mounted cock-on on centre on the TA01 and cut a few mm off the front of wheel-arch flares I don't think it'll be that big an issue Smile

It certainly looks right enough sat up on the TA01. Mine is a red gearbox lump based loosely on the F-150 desert truck, but it's really a bit of a hybrid cobbled together from whatever new and used parts I can get, with some alloy bits added on for good measure Smile
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
terry.sc
Rock addict

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems to be a bit of confusion here. The first car to use the tub chassis was the Manta Ray buggy, which uses the DF01 chassis. Being a buggy it has a 280mm wheelbase, but with long wishbones as well. Tamiya converted it into a touring car, using new suspension which narrowed it to 190mm and reduced the wheelbase to 157mm. This was the TA01.

The Cayenne uses the Hummer chassis, which means it has a wheelbase of 280mm, and it's also 204mm wide as well. It is based on a TA01/DF01 chassis and gearboxes, but it isn't a TA01 as it has it's own unique wisbones. Because of the odd wheelbase and width you are stuck with the Cayenne and Hummer bodies. You could try flipping over the rear wishbones to reduce the wheelbase, but I don't know what you would end up with.

Most bodies are designed for a 255-260mm wheelbase and a 190mm width, so there's not much that will fit.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    UKRCRC Forum Index -> Scale Rig Gallery All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: